I did this back in 2012 and considering one of my resolutions for 2015 is to read 52 books, I figured it’d be a good idea to see how well I did in 2014.
Here’s what I read (based on my Kindle purchase history) – and some are a bit fruity so please don’t judge!
- Girl Online: The First Novel by Zoella – Zoe Sugg
- Gray Mountain: A Novel – John Grisham
- My Sister’s Grave – Robert Dugoni
- Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s.. – Lena Dunham
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Sushi for Beginners – Marian Keyes
- #GIRLBOSS – Sophia Amoruso
- Only Wheat Not White – Varsha Dixit
- The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2) – Robert Galbraith
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
- No Exit: Struggling to Survive a Modern Gold Rush – Gideon Lewis-Kraus
- Shemlan – A Deadly Tragedy – Alexander McNabb
- Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon Self-Control,. – Gretchen Rubin
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products – Nir Eyal
I also got a subscription to Kindle Unlimited (and was using their Prime library earlier so I know I skipped a few that I borrowed and read.
Paper books are a bit harder to track but I know of one I definitely read, which also happened to be the best read of the year, in my opinion – Zero to One – Peter Thiel.
I know I reread a few books, namely The Launch Pad: Inside Y Combinator and I’m Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number.. so I’m guessing the overall total for 2014 was probably around 17. I managed to read 25+ in 2012 so 2014 was less productive and not surprising since most my reading happens while traveling and both vacations this year consisted of trips with friends. Nevertheless, while the goal of 52 books this year might be tough but my motto is always aim high!